THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Facade Winning Stageplay

So... my internet was down for a while so I tried playing Facade.

I actually won, haha.

If you haven't played this game yet, don't read ahead! It may spoil you.

You can download this game at interactivestory.net

Now, without further ado, here is my winning stageplay!

[I'm Chloe in this, by the way.]

==========


FACADE STAGEPLAY
Sat Jun 16 10 15 21 2012

GRACE
Trip, when are you going to get rid of this?

TRIP
What, Grace... this?

GRACE
Yes, you know how I feel about it --

TRIP
I know I know I'll do it right now, alright?!

GRACE
You know I've had to ask you about this several --

TRIP
Get off my back! I'll get rid of it in just a minute!

GRACE
Fine, Trip... fine...

(Trip opens the front door.)

TRIP
Chloe!!

TRIP
Hey! I thought I heard someone out here! -- (interrupted)

GRACE
No, no, here we are!

(Chloe sits on the couch.)

(Chloe gets up from the couch.)

GRACE
Chloe,

GRACE
Hi! How are you? Oh it's so nice to see you, it feels like it's been forever! -- (interrupted)

(Chloe kisses grace.)

GRACE
Oh, yes,

(Chloe hugs grace.)

GRACE
H-mmm (happy smile sound) -- (interrupted)

GRACE
And, I've got to say, you look really good!

GRACE
Well, come on in, make yourself -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
You too :)

GRACE
Aw, H-mmm (happy smile sound)

CHLOE
How's life?

GRACE
What do you... No, we're fine, everything's fine...

(Trip closes the front door.)

CHLOE
Drinks?

TRIP
Oh, yeah, let me fix us all some drinks in a sec!

TRIP
Oh and I've got these fancy new cocktail shakers I'm itching to try out.

CHLOE
Scotch please

TRIP
Hey, I just realized -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Yeah, hang on, ooh, I'm going to make you one of my fabulous drinks in just a minute!

GRACE
Uhh, Chloe, try not to encourage him.

CHLOE
Scotch

TRIP
(little sigh) (clears throat)

(CHLOE picks up the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "Who Knows")

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

TRIP
(little sigh) (clears throat)

(The advice ball reads, "Perhaps Soon")

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

CHLOE
Well?

(The advice ball reads, "Yes")

(CHLOE sits on the couch.)

TRIP
Um, well, without you, we wouldn't even have this celebration.

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "Maybe Later")

TRIP
So! Drinks!

TRIP
What would you like?

TRIP
How about a martini?

CHLOE
Scotch

(CHLOE gets up from the couch.)

TRIP
Ooh, great, why didn't I think of that?

GRACE
No no,

GRACE
Chloe, how about something simple, like a nice glass of chardonnay?

TRIP
Oh come on... -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Scotch

TRIP
Oh, oh, yeah, that sounds even better! Great!

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

TRIP
Okay! Good! I'll just whip up these bad boys real quick!

(The advice ball reads, "Never")

TRIP
(quiet humming)

GRACE
(little sigh) Ah, the funny thing is, Trip doesn't even like the taste of alcohol.

(CHLOE puts down the advice ball.)

TRIP
I think tonight Grace is ready to venture beyond her usual glass of Chardonnay and join us in a real drink.

GRACE
(little sigh) Um... that sounds... nice. I'll have that too.

TRIP
Oh! Okay. Good.

(CHLOE picks up the phone.)

GRACE
(big sigh)

(CHLOE puts down the phone.)

GRACE
Chloe, you're not enjoying this are you?

(CHLOE picks up a Grace's drink.)

TRIP
What?

TRIP
Here you go Grace, you get to be the first to drink.

GRACE
(little sigh)

CHLOE
I am enjoying this

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

GRACE
Okay, okay, this is getting really tiresome...!

GRACE
You know what, I'll be right back.

TRIP
Grace, what are you --

GRACE
No you two keep talking about the bar and drinks and the amazing view and everything...

TRIP
What? Where are you going?

GRACE
I'll just be in the kitchen.

CHLOE
Hey Trip. How's Maria?

CHLOE
How's Maria?

TRIP
(frustrated sigh)

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

TRIP
Um, Grace, uh, my love, could you, uh --

TRIP
could you bring out s - some of those... those... norwegian -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Wait, -- (interrupted)

GRACE
Why does this have to -- (interrupted)

GRACE
What? Oh...

CHLOE
How's Vincent?

GRACE
Uhh, God, this is too much at once, I just want to go back to the living room, okay?

CHLOE
OKay

GRACE
Everything's fine, Trip, everything's fine.

TRIP
Yeah, yeah, everything's fine!

CHLOE
How's MariA?

TRIP
Wait...

TRIP
You think...

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

TRIP
Maria...

TRIP
Ho ho ho, ha, heh you're -- you're really joking around tonight, aren't you, ha ha ha...

CHLOE
How's Vincent?

GRACE
Ha ha, yeah...

TRIP
Ha ha, heh, never afraid to say anything that pops into your mind, ha heh heh...

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

TRIP
Well, h -- hold on, hold on... (clears throat) -- (interrupted)

GRACE
You know, ever since we got married, Trip is forever trying to get me to buy new furniture, and redecorate,

GRACE
and -- and it's true, I kind of enjoy it but...

CHLOE
Or cheating on you with Maria

TRIP
Well, yeah, it's -- (interrupted)

(Trip sips his player's drink.)

(Trip sips his Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Oh, um, well... I want to ask you...

GRACE
But, Chloe, you have to look at this room, and admit it looks terrible.

TRIP
Grace --

GRACE
I mean, look around, this room -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
It's horrible

TRIP
No no, no no, see, Grace loves expensive furniture, she...

TRIP
grew up in this really nice house, with really nice couches and fancy dishes, and, and -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
No she doesn't.

TRIP
Ah, yeah, Chloe, I knew you'd like it.

TRIP
See Grace you don't realize how good this all looks -- and, and how good you look!

GRACE
(annoyed sigh) -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Maria and Trip

GRACE
You know at work I waste all day designing ads for apartments like this,

GRACE
and then it makes me think, I want this style for my apartment...

TRIP
This style make me feel like I'm inside one of your ads, it's great!

GRACE
but... dammit, I'm wrong, it is just not coming together at all!

(CHLOE puts down a Grace's drink.)

TRIP
Not coming together... what?

(CHLOE sits on the couch.)

(CHLOE gets up from the couch.)

GRACE
(frustrated sigh)

(CHLOE points to the big abstract painting.)

(CHLOE points to the big abstract painting.)

GRACE
Yeah I just had to have these damn paintings...

CHLOE
I like this painting

TRIP
Well, you have to appreciate how after a full day's work designing magazine ads, Grace can find the time to redecorate -- -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
I love this painting

GRACE
I want to throw -- (interrupted)

(CHLOE points to the big abstract painting.)

(CHLOE points to the big abstract painting.)

(CHLOE picks up a Grace's drink.)

GRACE
Oh, well...

GRACE
(little sigh) So I just had to have these paintings...

GRACE
but... dammit, no, I'm wrong, these look completely amateurish and tacky!

TRIP
Tacky...? what?

CHLOE
NO they don't

GRACE
What?

TRIP
Aha, I knew it, I was right Grace, you're the only one unhappy with your decorating --

GRACE
But, uhh, no, decorating is not... not...

TRIP
Grace, come on, you're so good at it!

TRIP
Just like you're good at your job -- you design great magazine ads! Can't you -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Yeah

TRIP
Chloe, yeah, heh, Grace, you're so good at decorating!

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

(CHLOE kisses trip.)

CHLOE
I'm drunk now

TRIP
uh... ha heh heh...

GRACE
(nervous coughing)

TRIP
you, um...

TRIP
wow, that was, um...

GRACE
(nervous coughing)

CHLOE
Party?

TRIP
ha ha...

GRACE
ha ha ha...

GRACE
ha ha ha ha ha!!

TRIP
ha ha ha!

CHLOE
Dance, sing play

TRIP
Ha ha ha, heh, Chloe,

CHLOE
Maria?

GRACE
heh heh...

TRIP
never afraid to push it, heh...

TRIP
put us on the spot...

CHLOE
Maria?

TRIP
heh heh, you're crazy, you know that?

TRIP
heh, ha ha...

CHLOE
How is Maria?

TRIP
(big sigh)

TRIP
Anyway, uh... what were we talking about?

(CHLOE sits on the couch.)

CHLOE
Poop

(CHLOE gets up from the couch.)

GRACE
Oh no, no, go look at Trip's Italy photo... -- (interrupted)

GRACE
Uhh, it's a beautiful picture of the Italian countryside, of course -- (interrupted)

GRACE
If that's how you feel... (annoyed sigh)

TRIP
Chloe, Come take look at this!

GRACE
By the way, anybody, join me on the couch if you like.

TRIP
Um... uhh, Now, -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Fucking horrible

TRIP
Um... uhh, Now, Chloe, in one word, what does this picture say to you?

GRACE
Say to you... say to you... -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Shit.

TRIP
Mmm... no...

GRACE
Wait, what's wrong with that? That's a perfectly fine answer!

CHLOE
Shit.

TRIP
Romance! No it says... romance...!

CHLOE
No.

GRACE
No -- see -- Trip tricked me into going!

GRACE
And you knew I planned to attend my friend's art show that weekend!

GRACE
A very good friend from college had a gallery show of his new paintings that weekend, and I missed it!

TRIP
What?

CHLOE
Vincent?

TRIP
Uhh, you're driving me insane!

TRIP
Your... goddamn decorating...

TRIP
You're never satisfied with anything! You're never happy, never ever satisfied with anything. -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Yes she is.

GRACE
What, what's that, what are you saying?

GRACE
(impatient sigh) -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Pie.

TRIP
Uhh, uh, can you, can you -- can you just...

GRACE
God, what was it you said? Trip... is cheating...

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

GRACE
I'm getting really upset at this talk about cheating... This is not funny.... I'm getting really upset. -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Oh, Christ...!

CHLOE
With Maria.

TRIP
Hey, no, it's just going to make this whole thing even worse if you keep criticizing me!

GRACE
Your goddamn drinks....

GRACE
Trip, all this stuff you do, you're just trying to make us look like we're some kind of perfect happy couple! Like we're so happy!

TRIP
Oh, god...!

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

GRACE
Alright, you know what, Chloe,

(CHLOE sits on the couch.)

GRACE
I'm going to ask you something.

TRIP
Grace --

GRACE
Trip, let me ask our guest a question.

GRACE
Chloe, yes or no...

GRACE
Isn't it right for one person in a marriage to expose when the other person is acting fake?

CHLOE
Yes

TRIP
What...?!

TRIP
Oh, yeah, that's fine... that's fine...

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

TRIP
Uhh, You think you're better than me, Grace! You had this rich upbringing... and now you look down on me! How am I supposed to be happy like that Grace? Goddammit!

(CHLOE gets up from the couch.)

GRACE
Oh, I can't believe...!

CHLOE
Poorfag?

GRACE
Uhh! Yeah, good, get away from me!

GRACE
I can't stand you!

(CHLOE puts down a Grace's drink.)

GRACE
Oh, God!!

GRACE
uhh!

(CHLOE comforts grace.)

GRACE
No, wait, please...

TRIP
Grace, what the hell are you saying about me in there?

GRACE
I wasn't talking about you!

(CHLOE comforts grace.)

(CHLOE hugs grace.)

TRIP
Chloe, in what you said before, about letting things go... I think that shows us something about Grace.

GRACE
Oh, so we're talking about me, are we?

(CHLOE picks up the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "Sure Thing")

GRACE
All this stuff... mmm... Having all this money makes us so happy. We're so happy, aren't we Trip?

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "No")

TRIP
Jesus, what do you want! Now you're unhappy because we're too well off?

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

TRIP
Chloe, isn't it -- isn't that ridiculous?

(The advice ball reads, "Sure Thing")

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "No")

CHLOE
She has a point

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

GRACE
Yes?

(The advice ball reads, "Why Not")

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "Could Be")

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

GRACE
You both... Just get away from me!

(The advice ball reads, "Maybe Later")

CHLOE
Maria.

(CHLOE shakes the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "Could Be")

GRACE
Let's talk some more about Trip. -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Why?

(CHLOE puts down the advice ball.)

GRACE
No, don't... give me a second here... uhh...

(CHLOE picks up a Grace's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her Grace's drink.)

GRACE
Let's continue focusing on Trip.

TRIP
Chloe, look around this apartment. It's got everything anyone would ever want. But, Grace, oh no, she's never satisfied.

(CHLOE puts down a Grace's drink.)

(CHLOE picks up a Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Trip, ... ugh ... I'm so sick of this.

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

CHLOE
Trip, you're afraid of being poor.

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Aha!

TRIP
Chloe, I -- I -- I can't believe you think I'm... I'm... afraid...

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Chloe, every time Trip is unhappy he rushes out and buys some new gadget.

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

TRIP
What are you talking about? You're always buying stuff...

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Trip, you're the one who's always bringing home an electric lemon zester or automatic creme Brule torch.

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

TRIP
See Grace, as usual you're making something out of nothing...

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Uhh...

(CHLOE puts down a Trip's drink.)

GRACE
Chloe, explain this to me!

(CHLOE picks up a player's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

TRIP
Look, let's not focus on just me or you, let's talk about us both.

GRACE
Trip, you just pretend to like all this stuff... fancy cigars, and fine wine...

TRIP
You think I'm -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
Yes.

TRIP
Yes?

GRACE
Chloe, thank you, that helps us. Trip, I know that you like to hang out at the little sports bar on the corner.

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

TRIP
What... what -- n -- no... I, I -- I mean...

GRACE
Trip, it's alright.

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

TRIP
Oh, geez...

CHLOE
Grace is an artist.

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

TRIP
Aha!

GRACE
See, Chloe, all this time, I just can't stop thinking that I should have been painting!

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

TRIP
Why don't you just do it then?

(CHLOE sips her player's drink.)

TRIP
Be a goddamn artist already. What are you afraid of, Grace?

(CHLOE puts down a player's drink.)

GRACE
Well, but... Chloe, I... I... uhh...

CHLOE
Because Trip is afraid of being poo

GRACE
Ah!

GRACE
Yes... I think art scares -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Are -- are you saying I'm afraid of something?

CHLOE
Trip afraid of being poor.

TRIP
No, uhh... Chloe, we just need to get this all under control, that's what we need...

GRACE
Okay, stop, I -- I can't do this anymore, goddammit!

GRACE
Chloe, I know what you're trying to hint at...

GRACE
about me...

GRACE
about art...

GRACE
Do you really want the honest truth? Huh?

GRACE
Chloe, are you ready -- (interrupted)

CHLOE
IDK

GRACE
No, Chloe, just, yes or no, do you want the truth?

CHLOE
IDK

GRACE
Trip, huh?

TRIP
Yes...!

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

GRACE
See, Chloe, I've been listening carefully to what you've been saying tonight.

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE points to the wedding photo.)

(CHLOE hugs trip.)

GRACE
You've really been pushing me.

GRACE
And I wonder, are -- are you really my friend...?

TRIP
Grace!

GRACE
Chloe, Stop interrupting me, let me finish!

GRACE
Chloe, I've got to ask you -- yes or no...

GRACE
Do you really think that...

GRACE
asking if we're okay?...

GRACE
criticizing me...

GRACE
kissing Trip...

CHLOE
Neck

GRACE
saying that Trip is afraid...

GRACE
telling me to make art...

GRACE
Wait, Chloe, let me finish!

CHLOE
Trip is POOR

GRACE
and worst of all,

GRACE
suggesting that Trip is cheating on me...

GRACE
but especially what you said about a spouse not being true to their self...

GRACE
and you don't even say 'yes' when I ask you if you want the truth...

GRACE
that all that is supposed to help me understand something about myself?

CHLOE
No

GRACE
No? Huh, well, I thought it did add up to something, actually.

(CHLOE sits on the couch.)

CHLOE
Trip

GRACE
I painted this.

(CHLOE gets up from the couch.)

TRIP
Bullshit.

GRACE
I am an artist, Trip, fuck you.

CHLOE
Wow

TRIP
You've been secretly painting? When --

CHLOE
Asian eyes

GRACE
Everytime you go on a goddamn business trip, I paint.

TRIP
Jesus --

GRACE
So don't EVER give me any more of your 'you could never be an artist' crap!!

CHLOE
Every time he goes on a tip

GRACE
uhh...

TRIP
uhh...

CHLOE
He sees Maria

TRIP
Jesus...!

GRACE
Chloe, I --

TRIP
I'm going to give you the truth too, Grace.

GRACE
What?!

TRIP
Grace...

TRIP
uhh...

TRIP
I'm -- I'm just... af -- afraid of... of being poor.

GRACE
Poor? Trip, we have so much! What do you --

TRIP
It never feels like enough!

TRIP
As a kid... it -- it was... My family was always on the edge.

GRACE
So you weren't rich, but --

TRIP
We even spent six months in a shelter once.

GRACE
Oh my God...!

TRIP
All of this stuff...

TRIP
Is a kind of protection from that ever happening again.

TRIP
uhh...

GRACE
uhh...

GRACE
Oh my God...!

TRIP
Okay, Chloe, Grace, I have one more thing to say...

GRACE
Again?!

TRIP
Grace...

TRIP
uhh...

TRIP
See... I'm... ashamed of my parents.

GRACE
What!? Your parents are great.

GRACE
I love seeing them...

TRIP
I know, I know. But compared to yours... they're so ... ignorant.

GRACE
But they're real. I hate how my parents are pretending to be something --

TRIP
I've tried hard to be like your family --

GRACE
Trip... really? ... I don't --

TRIP
But I feel like a phony. I feel like I can never get rid of my past.

TRIP
It's kind of like I don't know who I am anymore.

TRIP
uhh...

GRACE
uhh...

GRACE
Oh my God...!

GRACE
This changes everything...

CHLOE
This... changes everything.

TRIP
Yeah.

GRACE
And no, Chloe, you don't need to say anything more...

GRACE
You... you're terribly afraid of being poor.

TRIP
You... you really have to be an artist...

TRIP
You -- you think I'm a phony for despising my upbringing...

GRACE
But at least you had a real upbringing, it's me who had a fake one...

TRIP
Chloe, I --

GRACE
Chloe, we...

TRIP
Look, we -- we need to talk...

GRACE
Yeah.

TRIP
Chloe, Thanks for coming over, you... I think you helped us.

CHLOE
You're welcome

(Trip opens the front door.)

TRIP
And no, Chloe, please, it's okay...

CHLOE
See you later.

GRACE
Bye. Thanks.

CHLOE
Bye

(Trip closes the front door.)

(CHLOE knocks on the front door.)

(CHLOE knocks on the front door.)


---

END.

0 comments: