THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 21, 2011

World's Strictest Parents

My parents, especially my mom, would fall into that category. Hell, if they auditioned for the show, they'd pass with flying colors! Really!

In the standards of today's western society, Asian parents would be considered strict compared to the parents of countries like America or Australia. Asian standards on 'strict' would fall under 'very strict' in those liberal communities.

So here's my issue with my parents. My parents, in ASIAN standards, would fall under the category of 'very strict'. Yes, it seems to me that my parents are one of those really strict Asian parents. But how?

Well, here's a situation where they would be strict on me. Going out with friends. Back when I was still in the Phils., when we were planning to go to EK, my mom was a little hesitant, but she let me go, as long as my older brother was with me. Okay, fine with me, but why does it only have to be me? Why is it that the rest of my friends don't have chaperones yet their parents would them to go? Seriously, I was kind of pissed when they said that, but since I got to go anyway, I didn't complain.

Another situation when I wanted to go to my friend's house in san lo. My mom wouldn't let me go unless I came with someone she knew. She was like, 'Is Dianne going to be there?' and I was like, yes, and she was like, is her mom going to be there? I said yes, even though I wasn't sure if her mom was going to be there. So off we went. I was disappointed because my mom was being like that. When I asked my friends about how their parents deal with them when they're going to go out, it was like, yeah you can go as long as you get home by this time or something like that.

Sleeping over someone's house is also an issue. I'm allowed to have friends sleep over at my house, but I can't sleep over ANY of my friend's house! What the hell? That's HYPOCRISY. Seriously, when I was invited to sleep over one of my closest's friend who I have known for ten years and my parents know well, I was not allowed. WHAT THE HELL? But mom, you KNOW her parents! WHAT. THE. F.

Here's another one! During elem, when my friends were going to SM Sta Rosa, my mom wouldn't let me. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T GO. Do you know how that made me feel?! It was painful!

Also, when I was out with Dianne and her parents, when Dianne asked her parents if she could go to comic alley or something which was at the floor below, they let her. I was actually surprised. I asked her questions, and she was like it's because they know the place already. I thought about MY situation. When my family's out AT alabang or something, even if it's just the shop across or the comfort room r by, they HAVE to have someone come with me. It's kind of like they HAVE to keep me at a 15 metres at most near them. REALLY annoying. I know they're concerned and all, but I'm suffocating! So yeah, whenever we're waiting for something like food and I get bored and want to look at the store across us, if no one can come with me, I can't go. WHAT THE HEEEELLL.

Here's the last one (for now). I was planning to take a gap year after Year 12. I was asking if I could go travel, and they said NO. WHAT THE HELL, HALF OF THE REASON WHY PEOPLE TAKE GAP YEARS AFTER YEAR 12 IS TO TRAVEL. ._. I REALLY should've seen it coming. If they wouldn't even let me go to the CITY with my FRIENDS, what more if it was in Queensland or in the Phils? It was REALLY disappointing. I was like, whaaat?

My parents won't let me take TAFE. They want me to do university. Okay, I have no complaints about that, but YOU SAID that you'd be there to support what I want! You guys are contradicting yourselves! And my mom was like, if you're gonna take TAFE, we might as well go back to the Philippines. LOL. You're blackmailing your own daughter! And yesterday, I asked my friend who was also fresh from the Philippines what she'd want to take after year 12. She was gonna take theatre arts. I asked if her parents would be okay if she took a TAFE course, and she was like, Yes, as long as I wanted it.

I feel betrayed.

So there you have it. Strict moments of my parents. When they were THAT strict in Asia (except for the last 2 paragraphs) and felt bad because of that, then how do you think I feel when they're that strict in a very liberal country?

IT REALLY HURTS! I actually cried earlier because of it(I cry when no one's around btw). I think I need to go see a counselor or a psychologist.

---

END.

0 comments: