THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Because it's annoying

It was just a normal, random day at school. We were standing in a circle under the sun in an attempt to warm up from the frigid winter winds. I was wearing 2 jumpers and a windbreaker, which made me pretty warm, but my legs weren't safe from the cold air that blew all around us. Us friends were talking randomly, and suddenly we come up to the topic of living forever. I don't know how.

Anyway, as the conversation went on, I said something like "Yeah, even if we're going to live forever, eventually we're all going to die because the sun is going to become a red giant and swallow up the whole solar system.", or something like that. A certain friend of mine who was quite strong in her beliefs commented on something like "No, that will never happen." with this look on her face that said 'you're wrong and I'm right'. And then she starts to go on quoting something from the book of Isaiah how the righteous will live on the new earth forever or something. I really didn't want to start any kind of fight, so I just said something along the lines of "meh, different beliefs".

I would've been fine with her stating what she believed what the truth was, but the timing, the delivery and the look on her face was very condescending, and it implied that whatever I believed in was inferior to hers. It was very annoying. It felt like she was forcing her beliefs on me, and telling me that I was wrong. I now realize why a lot of my other friends hate discussing religion with her. Yeah, I was pissed for the rest of the day. She just brushed off what I said/completely ignored my opinion.

f-cking annoying

You know, this is what I hate about having different religions. Almost all of them fight over who is superior to one another, that other people who don't believe what they do are going to hell just because of that. It also keeps dividing everyone into separate groups who can't reconcile their beliefs with each other, which creates tensions that can lead to wars. Some people are also treated less due to the stereotype connected to their beliefs.

Sigh, why can't we all just get along with each other?~~

Since we're on this topic...

My personal belief is that we all worship the same deity. Different religions are just different interpretations of God. I believe everyone is equal, no matter what their beliefs are, or lack of anyway.

But hey, feel free to disagree with me. I'm fine with it. Whatever floats your boat. I just don't appreciate people forcing their beliefs on me or others.

When I'm older, I plan to go to a UU church. Currently, my beliefs don't line up with the one I'm going to right now.

parentsaareforcingmetogoofcourse,butI'mokaywithit,sincegodiseverywhereanyway


Ah, that feels much better.

---

END.


0 comments: